Are you inspired to sail towards the horizon? Want to learn more about sailing? Thinking of buying your own yacht one day? Seeking a new sport in yacht racing?
Learn how to sail and experience hands on practice in a safe and fun environment. The emphasis of all our practical courses is learning about sailing by going on the water. Opportunity to practice skills and concepts of sailing is how we create successful students.
Our RYA Start Yachting course creates the best foundation to achieve your sailing goals!
Start Yachting Features
Twelve hour course to experience and learn the basics of sailing from our clubs base at North Haven. Sailing in Adelaide's pristine Gulf St Vincent. Learn about boating safety and being aware onboard a sailing yacht. Understand how to prepare the boat to go sailing and practice on the water. Complete manoeuvres as part of the crew including tacking, gybing, man overboard and docking. Develop wind awareness and steer the yacht on points of sail. Meet new people and share sailing experiences. Further Course information is available here
No prior experience required!
Start Yachting Equipment and Facilities
- Academy 1, the Marine Academy's flagship training yacht (Farr designed 11.6m).
- All safety gear including Personal Flotation Device.
- Wet weather gear for use in inclement weather.
- The Cruising Yacht Club of South Australia, North Haven.
- Kinnaird Room, the Marine Academy's purpose built training room.
- Book the Course Here