Day Skipper Practical Course
Take charge, plan passages and direct the crew to successfully sail a yacht from port to port. You will learn how to prepare the boat to go sailing and initiate a trip plan. Become confident and complete manoeuvres at the helm including tacking and gybing in a variety of conditions to demonstrate wind awareness and steer the yacht on all points of sail. The course is run as a Live Aboard course so expect to visit some interesting and memorable places on your journey!
Day Skipper is a sail training holiday incorporating some of the best destinations Adelaide can offer!
Day Skipper Features
5 Day course to demonstrate and practice the skills of sailing from our Club's base at North Haven and beyond. Incorporating sailing in the pristine Gulf St Vincent to our marina at Port Vincent located on the other side of the Gulf and a number of other safe harbours around Adelaide depending on weather. Learn the skills of being a Day Skipper through living aboard. Prepare the boat to go sailing and plan a trip. Complete manoeuvres at the helm including tacking and gybing. Demonstrate wind awareness and steer the yacht on all points of sail. Meet new people and share sailing experiences. More detail can be found here
Day Skipper Prerequisites
- Competent Crew or extensive previous sail cruising experience. We also recommend undertaking the the on line Day Skipper Theory course.
Day Skipper Equipment and Facilities
- Academy 1, the Marine Academy's flagship training yacht (Farr designed 11.6m).
- Day Skipper RYA student pack including textbooks.
- All lunches and breakfasts. Most dinners - dependent on course structure.
- All safety gear including Personal Flotation Device.
- Wet weather gear available for free loan.
- The Cruising Yacht Club of South Australia, Marina East at North Haven and Port Vincent Marina.
- Kinnaird Room, the Marine Academy's purpose built training room.
Book this Course here